Sunny summer days are the perfect time to tackle your outside DIY projects! So let’s start with the first impression of your home- the front door. Not only does an update to your entry increase your home's curb appeal, it can also tell a little story about who lives within.
For our door makeover we used Fusion Mineral Paint. With it’s 100% acrylic resin built in top coat Fusion is the perfect product for tackling an exterior door update. Regardless of if you are drawn to bright bold colours or you are more drawn to the subtle subdue colours there is something in the Fusion Mineral Paint line for you.
This eye catching entrance is painted with Fusion Mineral Paint in Liberty Blue.
Here we have another stunning transformation using Fusion Mineral Paint in Inglenook.
So, are you ready to spruce up your own front door now?
Let’s get started with these simple steps!
Supplies you will need:
TSP (2 caps full in 1 litre of water)
220 grit sandpaper
- Clean your door well with TSP diluted in water.
- Sand the door with 220 grit sandpaper to smooth out the surface and remove any imperfections or rough patches.
- Tape off your hardware with painters tape or remove completely.
- Using a Staalmeester #20 Round Sash Brush paint brush apply a light coat of paint to the details of your door. Then using a small roller, apply paint to the flat surfaces of the door.
- When your first coat is dry to the touch go back and apply a second coat using the same technique above.
TIP : Be sure to leave your door open while the paint is drying. We recommend that cure time with all acrylic paints is 21 days, however, painted surfaces can be gently used after 24-48 hours of drying time.
For more tips and instruction, check out our video tutorial below to see Jacqueline walk you through the step by step process and get started on your own DIY door update today!